2023 Children's Law Institute - Call for ProposalsVirtual Conference | January 11-13, 2023
The 30th Annual Children’s Law Institute (CLI)
is seeking proposals for virtual, skill building workshops.
Submissions due August 31, 2022
Criteria for Submission
We are looking for 1.5 hour long virtual workshops (75 min presentation with the last 15 mins for Q & A) that relate to the professionals and volunteers who work in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems, including social workers, service providers, advocates, educators, and legal professionals. Workshops can be geared toward one or more professions. We are seeking intermediate and advanced interactive virtual presentations for experienced professionals and volunteers. Academic paper proposals are not likely to be accepted.
To be considered, proposals must
- Be relevant to conference theme and attendees
- Demonstrate proficiency with online facilitation and ability to be engaging and creative on a virtual platform
- Use innovative and applicable knowledge that is solution focused
- Incorporate tools for skill building and real-world application that can be applied to an attendees’ individual area of expertise
- Include virtual audience interaction and critical thinking
- Include content related specifically to the cultures in New Mexico and the particular and unique challenges we face
- Provide examples of the resource(s) you will utilize during the workshop and share with participants (handouts, PowerPoint slides, additional resources etc.). We request all presentations provide handouts or other visual aid to accompany the presentation.
- Presenters must be available to coordinate virtual practice session with conference planning team.
- Priority will be given to proposals and presentations that incorporate data.