Trainer: Millie Sweeney, Family-Run Executive Director Leadership Association (FREDLA), Parent Peer Support Model Developer
Training Dates: November 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 16th & 17th 9:00am-3:30pm each day (must complete all days)
Training Description: Regardless of their position or service program, it is important that Family Peers receive training on the core competencies and skills sets of Family Peer support. The role and work of the FPSW is unique and therefore requires a unique approach to coaching, supporting, and supervising the FPSW in their work with families. This training will provide the necessary content overview, trainer skills development targeted coaching to prepare participants to provide effective training in the New Mexico Family Peer Support PPS Practice Model. Trainers will be prepared to support the implementation of skill sets and tools to ensure fidelity to the model.
Qualifications to Participate:
- Complete the below application and be approved by CYFD and Center of Innovation
- Have lived experience as a primary caregiver for a child who has behavioral, mental health or developmental challenges.
- Have completed the NM Family Peer Support Certification Training (certification preferred by not required)
- Have completed the NM Family Peer Support Supervisor Training (or attend one coming up in October)
- Have experience working in a Family Peer or related role in New Mexico
- Have experience with training or facilitation (prior professional training experience preferred, not required)
Completion of this Train the Trainer and follow-up coaching and as well as a successful assessment of readiness by FREDLA is required to become a New Mexico Family Peer Support Trainer.
This registration is full and there are currently no future dates scheduled at this time. Sign up for our Newsletter to receive the latest information about the trainings offered.