Ripple Effect: An Integrative Framework for Enhancing Trauma Informed Care
This workshop presents an integrative framework for understanding and communicating across systems about how trauma can affect a child, a family, and a system. The Ripple Effect translates complex trauma concepts using metaphor, visual models, common language, and rich case example.
Community Partner Training- Sponsored by CYFD-BHS
9.5 Social Work CEU | 11 Length
Chandra Ghosh Ippen, PhD
• Participants will be able to name at least 3 domains of functioning that may be affected by trauma.
• Participants will be able to name at least 2 core concepts related to the mechanism through which trauma affects development.
• Participants will become familiar with the C.O.PE.S. framework.
• Participants will be able to name two practice elements to enhance emotion regulation.
• Participants will use the framework to identify at least three ways in which their current practice currently addresses the core trauma concepts.
• Participants will use the framework to identify 2 ways in which they may make changes in practice to further address core concepts.
"*" indicates required fields