About the NMSU Center of Innovation
Who We Are
The Center of Innovation for Behavioral Health and Wellbeing was created to address the pressing need of strengthening and expanding community behavior health services across New Mexico. Housed in New Mexico State University’s Extension Family and Consumer Sciences Department, in the College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences, the Center of Innovation provides training and program implementation support to ensure that community providers have the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive environment, gaining practical skills and training that directly impact their communities. Read more about our work within the system here.
What We Do
The Center of Innovation collaborates with funding partners in the State of New Mexico with a focus on the following service areas:
- Strategic Planning and Project Management within a Continuous Quality Improvement Framework
- Innovative Program Design and Implementation
- Evidence-Based Practice and High-Fidelity Program Implementation
- Behavioral Health Workforce Training and Certification
- Training Curriculum Development, Delivery and Evaluation
- Conference Planning and Event Coordination
- Federal Grant Implementation and Management
The Center of Innovation is a key partner of the Children, Youth and Families Department-Behavioral Health Services (CYFD-BHS). Through a collaborative relationship with diverse stakeholders, the COI is committed to incorporating local and national expertise towards the advancement of best practices throughout the behavioral health care system.
Improve child, youth and family wellbeing and resilience in New Mexico by promoting a high-quality workforce for the children’s behavioral health system to create an accessible, effective, and responsive network of support.
The wellbeing and resilience of children, youth and families throughout New Mexico is enriched by an accessible, effective and responsive network of support.