2024 CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The 31st Annual Children’s Law Institute (CLI)
is seeking proposals for virtual and in person, skill building workshops.
Submissions due September 8, 2023
Criteria for Submission
We are looking for 1.5 hour long in-person workshops (75 min presentation with the last 15 mins for Q & A) that relate to the professionals and volunteers who work in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems, including social workers, service providers, advocates, educators, and legal professionals. Workshops can be geared toward one or more professions. We are seeking intermediate and advanced interactive virtual presentations for experienced professionals and volunteers. Academic paper proposals are not likely to be accepted.
To be considered, proposals must
- Relevance to conference theme and attendees.
- Be able to present in-person in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Use innovative and applicable knowledge that is solution focused.
- Incorporate tools for skill building and real-world application that can be applied to an attendees’ individual area of expertise
- Include audience interaction and critical thinking.
- Include content related specifically to the cultures in New Mexico and the unique challenges we face.
- Provide examples of the resource(s) you will use during the workshop and share with participants (handouts, PowerPoint slides, additional resources etc.). We request all presentations provide digital handouts or other visual aid to accompany the presentation.
- Priority will be given to proposals and presentations that incorporate data.
- Virtual presenters only: Must be available for a virtual practice session with the conference planning team.