Certified Family Peer Support Workers
We currently offer the following coaching in partnership with CYFD-Behavioral Health Services:
- Monthly coaching sessions for CFPSWs who are working for a participating provider agency.
- Monthly consultation/coaching sessions for Supervisors of Family Peers.
To find out more about coaching sessions and be added to the invitation list please contact us.
Provider agencies employing CFPSWs must employ a supervisor who has completed the Family Peer Support Supervisor Training. Supervisors are expected to provide weekly supervision to CFPSWs to offer regular guidance and support.
Data Collection and Evaluation
CFPSWs employed at Wraparound Provider Agencies or those under contract with CYFD are expected to submit program reports and other data to track activity and outcomes. Training on required tools and procedures is provided once you are hired.
Forms and Documents
- Coming soon
You will receive notice from the New Mexico Credentialing Board for Behavioral Health Professionals (NMCBBHP) when your certification is due. Visit nmcbbhp.org for more information and for access to the recertification application.
- 40-hours of continuing education credits (CEUs) in approved topic areas is required for recertification every two years.
- Six (6) CEUs must be for applicable ethics.
- Six (6) CEUs must be for cultural competence.
- Trainings must be applicable to CFPSW and relevant to children’s systems. Some adult oriented mental health and behavioral health trainings are allowed – but will be decided on a case-by-case basis and should not be more than 25% of total CEUs.
- Accepted CEUs are NMCBBHP approved courses, and Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, and Education CEUs.
Below is a list of some accepted training, agencies and conferences. This list is not inclusive of all activities CFPSWs may participate in to obtain CEUs. Topic areas listed are also a sample of topics that may meet CEU requirements. To verify if a training will qualify for CFPSW recertification you may contact us to have your course pre-approved.
Suggested CFPSW Continuing Education Topic Areas
- Children’s Mental Health or Behavioral Health Related Trainings
- Systems of Care Trainings or Children’s Mental Health Systems Trainings and Conferences
- Children’s Education related trainings: Special Education, IEPs, 504’s, Behavior trainings, etc.
- Prevention Trainings
- Family Engagement and Family Leadership Trainings
- Suicide Prevention
- Mental Health First Aid
- Youth Transition Trainings
- Parenting Classes
- Motivational Interviewing or other Mental Health Practice Trainings
- Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT)
- Child Protective Service, Juvenile Justice, Early Childhood, Infant Mental Health Trainings
Recommended CEU Trainings, Conferences and Agencies
- FREDLA (Family-Run Executive Directors Leadership Association)
- Federation of Families For Children’s Mental Health
- Pacer Center Conferences and Trainings
- Native American Disability Law Center Conference
- Parents Reaching Out Conference
- EPICS Conference
- Families ASAP Trainings and Conferences
- Wright’s Law Conference
- COPAA Conference
- Head to Toe Conference
- Children’s Law Institute Conference