Certified Family Peer Support Workers
We currently offer the following coaching in partnership with CYFD-Behavioral Health Services:
- Monthly coaching sessions for CFPSWs who are working for a participating provider agency.
- Monthly consultation/coaching sessions for Supervisors of Family Peers.
To find out more about coaching sessions and be added to the invitation list please contact us.
Provider agencies employing CFPSWs must employ a supervisor who has completed the Family Peer Support Supervisor Training. Supervisors are expected to provide weekly supervision to CFPSWs to offer regular guidance and support.
Data Collection and Evaluation
CFPSWs employed at Wraparound Provider Agencies or those under contract with CYFD are expected to submit program reports and other data to track activity and outcomes. Training on required tools and procedures is provided once you are hired.
Forms and Documents
- Coming soon
You will receive notice from the New Mexico Credentialing Board for Behavioral Health Professionals (NMCBBHP) when your certification is due. Visit nmcbbhp.org for more information and for access to the recertification application.
- 40-hours of continuing education credits (CEUs) in approved topic areas is required for recertification every two years.
- Six (6) CEUs must be for applicable ethics.
- Six (6) CEUs must be for cultural competence.
- Trainings must be applicable to CFPSW and relevant to children’s systems. Some adult oriented mental health and behavioral health trainings are allowed – but will be decided on a case-by-case basis and should not be more than 25% of total CEUs.
- Accepted CEUs are NMCBBHP approved courses, and Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, and Education CEUs. To verify if a training will qualify for CFPSW recertification you may contact us to have your course pre-approved.